Blue Knights PAVI is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and encompasses Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Susquehanna and Wayne Counties.
The region was once known for coal mining, but now flourishes as a business and tourist hub of Northeast Pennsylvania.
The BLUE KNIGHTS® is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement men & women who enjoy riding motorcycles.
In the Spring of 1974, Ed Gallant from the Bangor, Maine P.D. and Chuck Shuman from the Brewer, Maine P.D. met with five other officers from the area and formed a small, local motorcycle club. The rest, as they say, is history.
Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
As of 1 June 2009, we have 599 chapters and almost 20,000 members in 29 countries.
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
1. Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
2. To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
3. To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
4. To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
5. To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors are some examples of our favorites.
As of February 2010 Blue Knights have donated to numerous charities and have contributing time and monetary and gift donations in the amount exceeding $13,037,303 (USD)
We're the good guys!
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When travelling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members,
"There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."
If you would like to know if you qualify to become a Blue Knight, and how to contact PAVI to request a application, Click Here